Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cooking


I'm not a great cook.  In fact, I really don't like cooking all that much.  We are boring people.  Grace doesn't eat much more than Mac N Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, and Pasta.  We don't have a lot of variety in our daily meals..which leaves me uninspired to cook.

However, this summer I grew a garden...just a small one.  With one pepper plant, one tomato plant, basil, parsley, and strawberries.

Look at my tomatoes!

Ok, so it isn't the best picture.

But I did manage to get like two big bowls of tomatoes.

 So I decided to make sauce....
I blanched the tomatoes to remove the skin and then cooked it down and added some of my fresh basil.


It's not really enough for sauce but I can use it as the base for a bigger pot.

I also made baked oatmeal the other day.  I found the recipe on Pinterest. 



  It contains banana's, blueberries and raspberries.  Oatmeal, milk, egg, and cinnamon.  I didn't have regular oats so I used steel cut oats instead.  Not really sure that was the best idea tho.  It came out good....well, more OK.  I have since purchased real oats for the next back (and some really easy oatmeal cookies).

I'm sorry I haven't posted as often as I was hoping.  I've been taking a lot of pictures tho and have a ton of posts in my head.

I hope you enjoy.

TTFN

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment