Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stuff

We have entirely too much stuff.  And every once in a while is stresses the CRAP out of me.  We do purge probably every 6 months, things that are in the basement....the last time being in April when the basement was being jackhammered to death.

But there is still a lot of stuff to purge...and I have that urge, the URGE to PURGE.  There are tubs of baby toys....there are tons of baby items.  My girls have too many toys to even know what to do with.  And with their birthdays and Christmas coming, they will be getting even more.  And that scares the crap out of me.

I'm part of the problem.  I have a hard time letting go. 

What if we have another baby?  Then we'll need the highchair, and the bobby pillow, and that seat thingy and this and that.  We'll need toys and the pack n' plays (yes, we have two)...I have numerous strollers.....a crib that has been recalled (tho I think I can get a part to "Fix" it".

I need to teach myself AND my girls that more isn't always better.  That there are people, children out in the world who have woefully less, if not, nothing, compared to them.

Letting go is just so hard for me.

If we are ever going to finish that basement...the crap needs to go...and the sooner, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment