Monday, February 28, 2011

How to get it all done?

I went to my "female" doctor this weekend for my yearly checkup.....and everything was fine except for my weight.  I've gained almost 10 lbs since last year, most of it probably very recently, since the stress of the stuff with my brother this summer made me loose my appetite.

I'm very upset.  This current weight it the heaviest I've been since 2007.

So, what do I do?  How do I loose it?  I know, I know..diet and exercise.....diet part, ok, I can do that...but it's the exercise part.  How do I get that into my schedule?  That's where I'm having trouble.

I am up at 5:30 - 5:45 Monday thru Friday.  I get up this early to make sure I'm showered and completely dressed and ready to go before the girls get up.  I leave the house with G around 7:20, take her to school and get to work at 7:45.  On Tuesday's, Thursday's and Friday's I have to go to the post office...come back, eat at my desk either while working or surfing the net.

I work until 4:30 - 4:45.  I get G and go home.  We are home around 5.  I help her with her homework while making dinner.  I like to have dinner by 5:30 - 5:45 at the latest.  Don't ask me why.

After dinner it's the normal clean up and Tuesday and Thursday's are are bath night.   In the summer, it's more like every night but this time of year it's Tuesday's and Thursday's.  Bedtime for G and A is 7:30.  We start at 7pm....go upstairs, get jammies on, brush teeth...etc.  I know it sounds early but G is so worn out from kindergarten she falls right asleep at night.  A?  Well, A...will usually go right to sleep unless she's had a nap at daycare.

After that, it's time to make the lunches.  It doesn't take very long at all because sometimes I get a head start while I'm making dinner.

At this time it's 8pm and honestly, I'm drained and have no energy for anything but watching tv and most likely falling asleep on the sofa at 9pm.

I don't have a treadmill.  I do have a Wii Fit but I really don't like using it.  So, what do I do?  When do I fit exercise into this schedule?  What do I sacrifice?

the only thing I can think of is that every other night I go for a walk after dinner.  That's it.  That's what I've come up with.

The same goes with John.  He really needs to loose weight but can't find the time or energy.  Again, unless we trade off and he walks one night and I walk the next. 

But I've got to loose the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment