Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This is me whining and I'm sorry

But it's 9:05 and A is still awake.   She napped at daycare and she's still awake.  Whether she is not tired or just whining that she's not tired...she's still awake.

And while I'm trying very hard not to complain about things but there is nothing that will change with complaining...I'M FRIGGIN TIRED.  I have been on my feet since I got home at 5pm.  I've made dinner, cleaned up after dinner, helped G with her homework, I've done a load of laundry, brought up two loads of laundry.  I've carried in 60 pounds of cookie dough.  I've folded laundry.  I've emptied a suitcase.  I've made a cup of tea and I can't even sit down to enjoy it.  I've packed away winter clothes that need to go into the attic.  And now?  Now, it's 9:10 and I just gave A a book to read (she lost books b/c she hit daddy again)......I'm near tears.  This is the second night in a row I've had to deal with A.  I dealt with her last night b/c Hubby was too tired and too cranky to deal with her effectively.

But then, what is dealing with her effectively?  Tough love?  You can't force a child (or anyone) to go to bed so yelling at her to go to bed until she cries doesn't work now does it?

Letting her read is a good option until she looses that option for poor choices.  And yes, I could in fact take something else away from her instead of books.  She choose her punishment tonight.

But coddling doesn't seem to work either b/c then she feels she can walk all over me.

A has been a bad sleeper since I took her binky away from her at 2.5 years old.  It's almost a daily struggle to get her to sleep.  And here's the kicker...I think she really is tired.  She just fights it......

Well, now it's 9:15 and I'm going to take her book away and tell her to go to bed.

Then I'm getting some ice cream (and yes, I know that goes against my wanting to loose weight issue but I've earned it after the past two days that I've had).

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment