Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend update

This weekend I decided I needed to do some sort of project around the house.  I didn't want to sew and well, I had already rearranged the girls bedrooms (twice).  So, I turned my sights to the front coat closet.  It had sliding doors and was just a mess.  I was tired of it.  I had a light bulb moment (Light bulb!) to removed those doors and put in bi-fold doors.  I wanted to paint the inside as well and then find some sort of six cube storage unit to put hats and other stuff in.

Hubby didn't agree with my ambition but he supported it and helped me get the doors off and find paint (just left overs from other projects around the house).  I spent yesterday painting.  FUN FUN FUN...NOT NOT NOT!

Today, on his way to the warehouse store, he stopped at HD to get the doors.  This afternoon after I painted the inside trim and did some touch up painting, he installed the doors and like all project we do in this house, it wasn't easy.  The opening isn't standard size so one of the doors had to be ripped down by 1/2 inch...UGH. 

After the doors were in and G's play date left, I ran back to HD to get the shelves and the rod for the coats, which are strewn all over the living room at the moment.

I don't have any pictures of the after at the moment.

My other project this weekend was to clean up the doll house that my dad made me 30 some odd years ago.

It was covered in surface mold.  I sprayed with vinegar....and went about cleaning it up.

I do have pictures of that.



Some of the wallpaper is still discolored.  I don't think I have the patience to re-wallpaper the rooms...but it looks pretty good.  I need to make some repairs to the roof and some of the windows and get casters for the base.    My mom still has the old furniture and has purchase some new.  I can't wait to get it all set up for MY girls to have fun playing with something my dad made for me~

No comments:

Post a Comment