Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Simple Abundance and my home

What do the two have in common? Well, while reading my daily essays from Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy I came across today's passage and well, if you see my last blog post about my home...you'll see why I find it ironic.

From the May 4 essay: "Today, no matter where or how you live, look upon your home through the eyes of Love. Walk around the rooms and offer thanks for the walls and the roof that safely enclose you and yours....Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that, at this moment, all you have is all you truly need."

And further: "Today we can use the Simple Abundance steps-acceptance, blessing our circumstances, and discovering our personal preference-to jump-start the expression of our authenticity through the way we care for and decorate our homes. When we do, the principals of gratitude, simplicity, and order will begin to transform the places where we live into hallowed havens of comfort and contentment-with or without new slipcovers."

I think this might sum up how I am beginning to see my home and those in it.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment